Last weekend I was in saskatoon and finally got around to going through some old things of mine that have been taking up space in the garage (dad couldn't park in there). Why dad didn't just pitch most of it in the first place I don't know but it sure was interesting going through it. I brought home a Easy bake oven, still in the original box, with original cake mixes. Guess I was saving them for a special occasion. A light bright, with pegs. Didn't have any sheets left but I think you can purchase them still. I brought home two doll houses and furniture - one Barbie, one not. I found my Strawberry short cake - still smells like berries. When I showed Micah she was thrilled. "Oh mommy - a Short Cake!!!. thanxs you, thanxs you!!!" I also showed my niece, Sydney, she couldn't believe that it was once mine, I mean how could they have had cool things back in theses days!. For those outside of the loop, strawberry short cake and my little ponies are Big, Again.
I got some other non-toy related items as well. An old churn and crock, but I left the crock cause the van ran out of room!. Some books, some items from my great anties. My great Aunt Molly traveled the world. She never got married and had her master's in Education. She spoke 4 languages. She's my 'favorite'.
Some of the things that Ithrew out included, my school binders from elementry school, hundred of notes from friends, erasers (I had a collection), perfume (it was given to me by my great aunt Molly, I think Iwas about 5).
M
The wayward ramblings of Us.
Friday, February 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment