Well I don't know if this is my problem or what, but I can't see the page. A message keeps coming up saying that the page I'm trying to reach is unavailable. Hummm. Not sure what the gig is about? I can still do all of this so I'm really confused.
Here is my list of jobs in order:
1. Babysitter @ Forest Grove Church Tuesdays and Thursdays for an aerobics group. Paid very well about 20/hr. The best part was I was with my friends and it was more money than I knew what to do with. Loved it, did it till I graduated.
2. Taught caneoing and Mountain Climbing at Columbia Bile Camp in BC. I had soooo much fun. I also was a camp counselor. I always got a 'look' when I said I was from Saskatchewan and was there teaching climbing. Best time. Meet my great friend Cindy the second year I was there. The camp is now called something else I can't remember.
3. Cook at Earls. Hated it. It was hot, greasy and had my first encounter with drugs. Let me rephrase that, I first became aware that there were drugs. I later realized that I was inadvertently was a drug runner. Some guy came to the back door and asked me to give a piece of paper to some one. There was nothing on the paper. Some time pasted before I realized it was acid.
4.Customer service person at Eatons. I sometimes think I single handedly caused the destruction of Eatons. I always told customers that they could get an item cheaper at Sears or some where else if they could. I can't help it if I was so customer focused that I lost focus of the fact that the store needed to turn a profit. It was a great gig threw unni and paid way better than minimum wage. I was laid off in Jan of 98. I was very bitter. They gave me a serverance package that paid me till May. That was great. It was based on my last months hours, which was December (Christmas hours) so I was working all the time. I got paid more in the package than I normally would have if they had me on the schedule till May!
5. Summer Camp coordinator with athletes in Action. Sounds cool but was really an exercise in hitting my head against the wall. I hated raising funds for the organization and Iasn't going to see a dime of it. This experience made me never want to work for a christain organization again. The positive thing was it introduced me to some cool kids from Parliament Church. I thought, if these kids are alright, then the church mustn't be so bad either. The rest is history.
6. Director at Katepwa Baptist Camp. This would have been way more fun if
I wasn't also getting married at the end of the summer. Its hard to plan a wedding while your out of town. I put kev in charge of one thing - to rent a limo. We ended up borrowing Larrys mini van. Camp was a blast. I loved being with the kids and staff and at the lake all year. A really great Board of director's too. I can't really say I was working for a Christian organization cause I wan't getting paid. I was doing my internship for my degree. Unlike other faculties where you can earn a living during your internship, PAS wanted to prepare you for the real world where your degree wouldn't make you a dime.
7. Regina Housing Authority.
I don't remember my title. I was doing a 6 month mat leave cover. I liked the old guys I dealt with, always had something to say. Mainly to complain about, but it was a good job. We were able to buy our first house cause I was working there.
8. Babysitting My nephew.
9. Sask Broomball Association
To tell you the truth I have no idea what was doing there but I tried to stay busy for the 4 months I was there. I just wanted a job so I could reapply for EI at the end of it, which I didn't do by the by. Alos my only experience with sexual harassment.
10. Employment Network. Started my career thanks to them. 3 years as a 'temp' working at RBC. See Next.
11. RBC. The best job I have ever had. The best boss I have ever had. The most I have ever learned about my self, work ethic and finding a place to call your own.
12. CIBC. My own office, My name on the door, business cards, the ability to sink some ones life savings into a shitty stock at the push of a button. Ironicaly I don't qualify for a few of my own lending products cause my yearly income is too low, but yeah, who am I to complain. Not sure how I got here, but I am.
Kevins Girl
The wayward ramblings of Us.
Saturday, February 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment