The wayward ramblings of Us.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Bono's Speech at the National Prayer Breakfast

While Naomi and I were going to play hockey today at the rink by the Unruh's, we were listening to CBC, and heard the last bit of a speech that Bono gave at the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington, DC. It was one of the most compelling addresses that I've ever heard. Both Naomi and I said to each other afterwards that his speech had more impact on us than the entire church service that morning. I won't attempt to give a run-down of what Bono says, as I simply can't do it justice (ha ha). Anyhow, you really need to check it out. Here's a link to a page that has an video and mp3 of his speech, as well as a transcript of it if you prefer to read:

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/bononationalprayerbreakfast.htm

No comments: