Just finished reading the book "Out of the Question...Into the Mystery" by Leonard Sweet. Excellent book - at least the first few chapters are fantastic, as are the final 4 or 5 chapters. The middle of the book was nothing new to me. However, at the end of the book Sweet asks several questions for reflection. One of these questions is: "In the modern era, people wanted to know more about God. It was as if God could be fully comprehended if only we could analyze God enough. But in the postmodern era, people suspect that God is much harder to pin down, more "out there" than we can imagine. How would you describe your sense of God right now?"
My thougths:
For me, God is definitely "out there". A bit of a mystery to me - somewhat elusive. Just beyond my grasp. But he loves me. He wants me to seek to know him as much as I can. He wants to have fun with me and show me how to enjoy life. He seems to be very different to each individual. He seems to really want me to get involved with Him in this world - in the lives of those around me. Often, I feel that I see more of God in people than anything else. It is people that give me the greatest glimpses of who God is, what he is like, and what he is passionate about. I sense that he is more a part of this world, the people, and me than I ever realize.
Jason
The wayward ramblings of Us.
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment