Chicken Little, I appreciate your thoughts on creativity and how hard that is to express while maintaining an acceptable level of clutter and contact with others and self . I recently changed my livingroom around and have plans to upgrade some other rooms as well. Perhaps this (and things like making a birthday cake)is a small way that the 'Minister of Internal Affairs' in there respective democracies, can live out some means of creativity. I think of my husband too, the Minister in charge of environment, who can use his creativity to plant tress and flowers and all that other stuff.
If we don't stop to enjoy what we are doing, on a micro level, how can we be happy with our lives on a macro level?. This is something that I have been thinking about for the past few months. Daily it seams, I struggled with doing the mundane and repetitive. It is like hitting my head against the wall over and over and over and over again. Laundry never ends, I keep cleaning the bathroom, the kitchen, the livingroom and every day it keeps getting dirtier and messier. The cat litter needs changing, garbage need taking out, Micah needs a bath. Its as if the world is against me, as if the sole purpose of the world is to make my life hell, and it was winning.
Then I had a thought, Why am I struggling against my life. If my life is THIS, than why am I wanting or fighting for THAT? And is THIS all that bad really? After all when I had THAT all I wanted was THIS and now I have it. I have a great house that I love, I have a great family that I love, I have great friends that I love. So in the process of loving them, if other things get a little out of wack, who gives a shit(other than my mom)? (I also think it has A LOT to do with the ideals and expectations from others that have burrowed there way into my brain, but that's for another day.) Just let it go, enjoy what I do or what I don't do, cause THIS is my life and I don't want to miss it!
Kevins Girl
The wayward ramblings of Us.
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment