I was a paper boy. First I helped my brother when it was his route, then when he didn't want the major part of the responsibliity,I took it over and he helped me. Anyone care to guess what kind of paper carrier I was? If you guessed slow and of questionable reliability, you were right. People generally liked me, though, even though I'd go collecting at odd hours.
I delivered bread Saturday mornings for Durston's bakery. In this job, I was given WAY more responsibility than I could handle. Or maybe they didn't take the time to train me properly. For example, they'd say "Take this delivery to Wascana Rehab." Sounds simple enough. So I get to Wascana rehab, which, of course, has several entrances, none of them labeled, "Bread guy enter here." I never went fast enough for them.
I worked the graveyard shift at Mac's in WHitmore park.
I was a tour guide and car operator at the Jasper Tramway.
I was a telemarketer of a $50 coupon book that was (sort of) for charity.
I was a day camp councillor, as every good young christian should be. I never saved a single soul.
One summer I spent a couple of days binding books at Campbell.
I was a maintenance guy on staff at the Bible school I went to in Austria. No, I'm not joking. Maintenance. Maybe that wasn't my official title. I just "helped out". Pulled hair out of drains, etc.
As a side note, when I registered to go to school in Austria, my dad sent the tuition fee for me by cheque. Personal cheque. He just wrote the amount due, crossed out "dollars" and wrote "Schillings" in its place. Apparantly, that doesn't work. They sent the cheque back.
It's time for bed, I guess.
The wayward ramblings of Us.
Monday, January 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment