The wayward ramblings of Us.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Another Random Quote

Here is another quote I came across that I appreciated. Strangley enough, I found it in a Focus on the Family publication. Even they can print some good stuff from time to time I guess.

"Sex is not a private matter, though it is certainly personal. Sexual intercourse is the ultimate creaturely gesture of promise. If we behave as if sexual intercourse is something less than a mutual promise of man and woman to be completely and wholly present to one another, and not just for the fleeting moment but always, society is left with no gesture of final commitment as the foundation for all other commitments. Community requires promise and abiding commitment, faithfulness and fidelity, or it does not endure. Ideally, we learn and practice these virtues and habits of being through courtship and within marriage. This is a wisdom all humankind knows." —Vigen Guroian, a Wilberforce Forum fellow, professor of theology and ethics at Loyola College

No comments: