Well, today is Ash Wednesday. The beginning of the season of Lent. A time to follow Jesus into the Wilderness. I am going to lead the youth on this journey, and I am going on this journey myself.
Lent is traditionally a time to give something up and a time to take something on. I have decided to go offline for the season of Lent. That's going to be tough. Except for work and email, no internet for me. No blogging, no surfing, so checking things out, no keeping up to date. In place of this, I have decided to take on reading large portions of the Scriptures. I was recently challenged by Henry Braun in this area. I was convicted that I have lost a love for God's Word. So I am going to take his advice to heart, or at least try to.
So, that's it for me. See you on the other side of Easter.
J
P.S. - Kevin, I do believe you have to back up the fact that you are on Jason Hildebrand's blog. You must give some evidence to that regard.
The wayward ramblings of Us.
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment