Viscious World Targets Hapless Socialist
(CP) - Hardly more than 24 hours after paying SGI's $700 deductable and recovering his stolen Camry, left-wing mouthpiece and reluctant teacher Josh Bekkler discovered his wallet had been nabbed from the self-checkout at the Regina Public Library's downtown branch.
Bekkler, having arrived only moments earlier in said Camry with his wife and daughter, admitted he had been careless in setting it on an unattended counter by the library's exit. "I was having trouble balancing Status Anxiety, P. D. James' The LIghthouse, and ... uh .. the other book, so instead of putting them down to re-adjust my hold on my daughter, I put down my wallet," said Bekkler, looking visibly discouraged. "I never picked it up. Neither did my wife. But I think the asshole behind me at the self-checkout did."
The asshole in question might never have lined up with Bekkler at the library but for another interesting, yet potentially cruel twist of fate. On their way to the library, the Bekkler family noticed a couch, abandoned next to the city dumpster behind their house - next to their Camry - had been set ablaze. "There was just the one tiny flame when we first noticed it. I wish I had grabbed ahold of the kid who was non-chalontely walking away. In seconds the couch was more or less covered in flames."
The time it took Bekkler to move the couch away fromh is neighbor's fence, call and wait for a fire truck, and snap a photo of his daughter with a local fireman, caused Bekkler to arrive at the library at around 7:45, presumably about the same time as the horse's ass who took his wallet.
The wayward ramblings of Us.
Thursday, May 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment